St. Panteleimon Church (1999)
1123 44th St. NE, Canton OH, 44714
Visited June 1, 2011
Based on 14th-17th century churches in Maramures and Transylvania
This church was built in Sighetu Marmatiei, Maramures County, Romania in 1999.
It was disassembled and shipped to the USA and re-assembled on The National Mall in Washington D.C. for the Smithsonian Folklife Festival.
Following the Festival, the church was re-assembled at its present site, donated to the Romanian Catholic Diocese of Canton, OH